The mission of Yolo Community Foundation is to inspire and support giving and to provide philanthropic leadership in our community.
Yolo Community Foundation (YCF) promotes philanthropy by serving as a public foundation through which:
- community members pursue their own charitable goals;
- local nonprofits benefit from YCF programs and events; and
- youth learn the meaning of community involvement and service. As a community foundation, we lead the campaign to create a county-wide culture of service and giving.
Our purpose is to:
- Build a permanent endowment for the people of Yolo County
- Assist donors in meeting their charitable needs
- Support community non-profit organizations
- Develop local responses to local problems
- Preserve our heritage
- Contribute to the future of Yolo County
The following principles serve as guidelines for action by the Yolo Community Foundation Board and staff.
- Promote an atmosphere of community involvement.
- Support the development of the future leaders of Yolo County.
- Respect donors’ interests and intentions.
- Reflect the values of the local community in the actions and investments of the Foundation.
- Promote collaborative partnerships among individuals and organizations serving the County.
- Work to preserve the distinctive heritage of Yolo County.
- Seek to balance urban and rural needs.
- Exercise accountability and transparency in all Foundation activities.
- Manage assets prudently in order to be an effective vehicle for philanthropy.